Covid 19 Update 25 May 2020
President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced that the whole of South Africa will move to level 3 lockdown from 1 June.
Covid 19 Update 15 May 2020
You can now freely shop online in South Africa – but no alcohol and cigarettes
The directive, published on Thursday (14 May), states that ‘all goods may be transacted through e-commerce platforms, except for goods prohibited for sale in terms of regulation 26 and 27 of the (Cogta) regulations’.
Covid 19 Response
Unfortunately the response we have gotten regarding eCommerce was not what we had anticipated. As most countries have relied on eCommerce to help curb the spread of the virus, it does not seem to be the case in South Africa.
We are working with alternative couriers to assist us in this difficult time with deliveries of items allowed as per the new regulations.
We are hoping that we will be given free reign soon, but in the meantime as of the 1st of May 2020. These products will be delivered, albeit we cannot guarantee our delivery times:
- Products for care of babies and toddlers
- Medical and Hospital Supplies, medicine, equipment and personal protective equipment
- Personal care items
- Hardware, components and supplies
- Components for vehicles undergoing emergency repairs
- Personal ICT equipment including computers, mobile phones and other home office equipment
We hope things will improve and we can provide a wide variety.